Additive Manufacturing (3D) R&D Engineer
Through InterTrade Ireland’s Fusion programme ATC now has a vacancy for a R&D Engineer in the additive manufacturing or 3D space. Applications must be made online here. Note the closing date for receipt of applications is 12 October 2018.
The project’s objective is to develop ATC’s additive manufacturing capabilities. This includes, but is not limited to
- rapid prototyping and 3D printing including Fused Deposition Modelling (FDM) printing, Stereolithographic (SLA) printing, metallic additive manufacturing;
- 3D scanning;
- co-ordinate measurement machining (CMM).
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Advanced Technical Concepts to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in partnership with the North West Regional College. As part of this role you will be required to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. This is fully funded by InterTradeIreland. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
- To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
- To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
- To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
- To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company
- To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
- To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
- Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL SET REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must possess
- Min 2.2 degree in Design or a related engineering degree such as Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited institution;
- Understanding of 3D printing technology with a minimum 1 year of experience in additive manufacturing;
- Experience and aptitude with design tools, computer aided modelling, data analysis, and process design;
- Strong ability to develop technical work scopes for incorporation with proposals;
- Exhibits proficient written and verbal communication with customers both internal and external;
- Strong ability to plan and organize tasks;
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Aptitude for technical sales;
- Industry experience of working in engineering/product design/process development
Advanced Technical Concepts (ATC) provides a supply chain and engineering service including products and services to the pharmaceutical, medical device, aerospace, food and beverage, power generation, mining, recycling and waste, water and printing sectors. These products and services range from mechanical plant sales, component replacement, spare parts provision, specialist mechanical design, site project management, bespoke lean storage and workspace solutions, reverse engineering and prototyping.