A Shannon-based engineering company
is recruiting for a
PART-TIME basis (20-25 hours a week)
Shannon, Co Clare
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, commercially driven, highly motivated Financial Accountant . This is a part-time position that will suit a qualified accountant who has developed very solid, commercial experience ideally in a SME environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing monthly and yearly financial results to the Managing Director and Board of Directors and will oversee the day to day activities of the finance function while supporting the business in achieving its strategic objectives.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday 09h00-13h00 in our Shannon office. The balance of hours can be made up as desired.
- Monthly managementaccounts, cashflow and sales analysis
- Monthly compliance reporting
- Bi weekly payroll
- Annual audit
- Annual Insurance
This role requires the supervision and mentoring of one full time accounts assistant.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will
- Be a Qualified Accountant and have at least 5 years commercial business experience preferably having worked in a SME environment.
- Have team management experience.
- Be capable of analysing business performance & draw commercial conclusions.
- Have strong working capital management skills, including credit control, cash flow forecasting and budgeting.
- Work well independently and as part of a team.
- Have strong attention to detail, commercial, common sense approach to problem solving.
- Have Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to prioritise tasks and work to timelines.
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing workloads.
- Have strong negotiation skills.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Have strong IT skills including proficiency in Excel; a working knowledge of SAP Business One would be a distinct advantage.
- Some knowledge of Lean would be a plus.
*** This role is based on a 20-25 hour working week. Competitive salary.
Applications to be emailed to email@example.com quoting the reference FA/2302.
The closing date for applications for this vacancy is 24 February 2023. Candidates are asked to outline their salary expectations when applying.