Sealing solutions come in various forms. Industrial seals are components or assemblies that can be either static (fixed applications) or dynamic (used on moving parts).
They are used to:
- Keep in place fluid required for a machine (fluid can be liquid, vapour or gas).
- Prevent lubricant, grease or oils from escaping
- Prevent contamination by foreign material (dirt, dust, grime, water, etc)
- Prevent pollution and environmental damage by escaping lubricants/oils/grease, or other.
Whilst a seal may look straightforward, they are actually complex solutions designed to meet very specific criteria. They need to be able to adapt to deformation or irregularities that may occur during use, but also be able to maintain their operational integrity in the face of varying operating pressures. To accomplish this balance in requirements, the base material of the seals will need to be able to withstand different temperatures, corrosive conditions and other environmental conditions it may face during it’s use.
Of course, one type of seal cannot meet all these requirements, so seals come in many forms:
- Seals such as Oil Seals, Hydraulic Seals, Mechanical Seals and Pneumatic Seals
- Jointing sheets (used for making gaskets)
- Clamps and Sanitary Fittings
- O-Rings and Quad Rings, Rubber Seals and Grommets
- Extrusions and extruded profiles
- Packing (valves/pumps/agitators, etc.)
Sealing and jointing are vital components that are used in almost all types of machines, from cars to industrial vats. Owing to this, we work with companies to provide solutions across all sectors, including: Food and beverage, Pharmaceutical, Medical devices, Power generation, Water Processing, Aviation/Aerospace, Automotive and Quarrying and Mining.
For more information on your seals requirements contact us on sales@atcIndustrySolutions.com or on